Wednesday, October 1, 2014

One Year of Poker

Here are the results for my poker playing over the last year:

Figures are in U.S. Dollars

I haven't made as much money for 2014 as I would have liked. But there's nothing I can really do about that other than study harder and grind more.

September was a brutal month. During the first week someone flipped the 'doomswitch' on me and I was running worse than I have all year. By the second week I was down $5.5k at NL200 so I forced myself to drop down a limit to regain some momentum.


It took a ton of grinding and hitting my annual goal of Supernova 3 months early to finish off the month down just under $1k. This in and of itself was a huge victory and I'm happy with how September turned out despite ending in the red.


Having accomplished my goal 3 months early, I think my stretch goal of achieving 200K VPP's for the year might still be do-able. I'll have to do what I did in the first 9 months of the year in just 3 months. It sounds crazy but the challenge is appealing to me. I'll definitely need to re-prioritize some aspects of my life to make this work but I think I can do it.


I'm playing higher stakes and more tables than before, so my VPP earning rate makes this a real possibility. I went from playing 50NL or 100NL on 4-tables of Zoom to now playing 50NL and 100NL on 6-8 tables and sometimes 200NL when the games and/or my confidence are running good. I can attribute this increase in efficiency to a new hotkey setup that I've adopted. Maybe I'll make a video in the future showing some crazy 8-table Zoom action :)

New Hotkey Setup

[Delete] Set bet amount to 30%
[Insert] Set bet amount to 50%
[End] Set bet amount to 70%
[Home] Set bet amount to 150%
[Page Down] Set bet amount to Pot
[Page Up] Set bet amount to All-In
[Up] Bet 2BB
[Left] Bet 3BB
[Down] Call
[Right] Bet
[Right Click] Fold

Poker Battlestation!

In addition to some ergonomic upgrades to my poker battlestation, I'm now able to put in solid 4-6 hour sessions on most weekends without breaking a sweat. So bring it on 200K VPP's!

No comments:

Post a Comment