Saturday, March 1, 2014

March Goals

March Poker Goals

1) Begin the transition to Pot Limit Omaha
PLO is a game I've always wanted to pick up. It's newer than NLHE and the game is "less solved" since there's much less learning material out there. Edges are therefore bigger and the potential to earn money is higher. Also, since money basically flies around in PLO, it's much easier to earn VPP's. So I'll be able to reach Supernova VIP status much quicker if I play PLO. Also it just looks like a really fun game (with lots of variance too). I want to try learning it!

PLO became quite popular among NLHE players around 2008. So I'm a bit behind on the learning curve. But hey, you gotta start somewhere.

Study material for March:
That's a lot of reading material to cover and I'm not sure how far I'll with each this month. The sooner I get a grasp on how to play the game, the sooner I can start grinding hands. So I'll sacrifice some hands at the tables this month for study time instead. Finishing all of Phil's videos should be easy. I just need to remember to take some good notes, so I don't forget the material.

2) Earn 5,000 VPP's on PokerStars
This should be a breeze compared to February's goal of 12,500 VPP's. But I did have to drop down to NL100 which only earns at around 0.28-0.3 VPP/hand and I don't plan on playing that much NLHE this month. My main goal this month is really to just learn PLO. Hopefully by the end of the month I can start mixing in some PLO once I get a grasp of the game.

March Badminton Goals

Same goals as last month really.

1) Continue to fix/strengthen my wrist
Gonna implement exercise bands and my training racket into my regime at home.

2) Badminton or Insanity workout 5 days/week
Sweat 5 days per week, no excuses!

No comments:

Post a Comment